Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What Happens In Vegas......


Mojave Desert Drive


Towns along the way....The Bellagio Light Show
Je t'aime Paris!
The Strip in the Daylight
_____________________________________________

Hello All!
Have any of you ever been to Vegas? Would someone like to enlighten me on what all the hype is about? I have never been somewhere that almost has nothing to offer culturally. The entire town revolves around decadence, and I guess if that's what you're about, this is most definitely the place for you. My advice is, if you plan on going, go Thursday-Sunday. You most likely will not be able to stay longer than that without getting sick or suffering from extreme exhaustion.

Another thing I need to point out- if you are the type who likes to dine later in the evening, watch out as most restaurants close their kitchens by 10:30. The only place we were able to eat at after 11 was TAO, their kitchen closed at 11:45pm. Where I come from, there are legitamate eateries open in the wee hours of the night. I guess that's why Jay-Z says "the city never sleeps, better slip you an Ambien." Thank you New York, you have officially spoiled me for life!

One thing I have to give kudos to is the show Le Reve and the Wynn. It was reminiscent of Cirque du Soleil, except that there was the addition of sychronized swimming in the middle of the stage. Another great thing about this show was that you were not sitting too far from the stage, and you could see perfectly. Just fyi- the cheaper tickets actually seat you closer to the stage because there is a high probability that you are going to get wet from the acrobatics performed in the water.

The Stage at Le Reve

As far as nightlife goes- Pure was closed the night we wanted to go (yeah, I said CLOSED). TAO had a private party, and every other place just didn't seem happening. I guess you can call me a jaded New Yorker who has seen and done it all.

Before you go I really reccommend you watch The Hangover- awesome movie. We did the same thing, drove from LA to Vegas throgh the Mojave Desert. They aren't kidding when they say desert. There is nothing around you for about 300 miles, and then BAM out of nowhere, Vegas appears!

No comments:

Post a Comment